[USA]What are you being so coy about?你为什么含糊其辞?

时间:2021-05-04 03:29:41   热度:37.1℃   作者:网络

Bree:Hi, hi, hi, hi.I’m so sorry I’m late.

抱歉,我迟到了。

Lynette:No, that’s fine.Wow, white gloves.What are we having lunch in the 1880s.

没关系。白手套啊,你是在19世纪80年代用餐吗?

Bree:Well, it’s a very elegant club.You know Orson’s been a member here for years. It will be even nicer when they finish the construction.

这个俱乐部很考究的,奥森已经入会好几年了。等他们装修完会更不错的。

Susan:So you were very mysterious on the phone.Why did you want to have lunch?

你在电话里神秘兮兮的。你为什么约我们吃午饭?

Bree: Well, um, I wanted to invite you to a dinner that Orson and I are having this Saturday.

我想邀请你们来我和奥森周六举办的晚餐会。

Susan:So you asked us to a meal to announce another meal?That’s so Bree of you.

你请我们吃饭是为了宣布请吃另一顿饭吗?真不愧是布里啊。

Gabrielle:What’s the occasion?

为了庆祝什么?

Bree:Oh, um, no occasion.Just a little get together.

不庆祝什么,只是小聚一下。

Lynette:What are you being so coy about?

你为什么含糊其辞?

Bree:I’m not being coy.

我没有含糊其辞。

Lynette:She said coyly.

这就是含糊其辞。

Gabrielle:If you don’t tell us, we’re not coming.

你不说清楚,我们就不去。

Bree:Oh, all right.I wanted to wait and make a proper announcement, but...

好吧,我本想等到正式场合发表声明的,

Bree:Orson and I are engaged.

奥森和我订婚了。

Gabrielle:Oh my gosh!

天哪。

Susan: Let me see.Oh.

我看看。

Lynette:You move fast.

你进展神速啊。

Bree:I know it’s quick but it’s just feel so right.Orson is just the most warm, wonderful, generous man.

我知道时间有些短,可我们两个感觉都对味。奥森是最体贴入微,具有绅士风度的男人。

Gabrielle:Oh, generous.That means he’s good in the sack.

绅士风度,说明他那方面很棒。

Bree:Actually, no, we haven’t had sex yet.We’re waiting until we get married.

并非如此,我们两个还没嘿咻过。我们想等到婚后。

Gabrielle:Oh my god, you’re serious?No sex at all? No even... um...

天哪,你说真的?从没做过,就连......

Bree:Whatever you’re alluding to, no.

不管你们暗指什么,就是没有。

Gabrielle:But you’re gonna get married.You wouldn’t buy a car without at least taking it for a little test drive.It’s not like you’ve never slept with a guy you weren’t married to.

可你们要结婚了,你不会要买车了,却连试车也不试一下。你又不是从没和不打算结婚的人睡过。

Bree:True, I have in the past, given myself away too freely.How charming of you to bring that up while I’m announcing my engagement.But I’d like to think that I’ve learned from my mistakes.So the dinner is at 8:00 and when we make the announcement, please, everyone look surprised.

没错,我过去是太过放纵,在我宣布订婚的时候翻旧账,真有你的。可我已经从中吸取教训,晚餐定在八点整。还有,我们宣布订婚时,请各位故作震惊。

Gabrielle:Oh, don’t worry, I’m just going to replay the look I had when I found out you hadn’t banged him yet.

别担心,我会重演我发现你还没上他时的表情。

coy [kɔɪ]adj.(尤指对爱情或性爱)羞羞答答的,假装害羞无知的,故作忸怩的; 不愿提供信息的; 不肯作答的; 含糊其辞的;

sack 作名词,这里指床铺

allude [əˈlud] vi.暗指;提及;暗示;提到

出处:头条号 @泠子英语

上一篇: 雄安“五一”施工忙:高标准高质量推进项目...

下一篇: [USA]吴京两部电影定档待上映,有望打...


 本站广告